Thursday, December 13, 2012

Conclusions from last weekend..

This past weekend, my dad and I paid a visit to "Dick's Sporting Goods". After going throughout the store, walking through the kayak section, boot section, clothes section, etc. I noticed that there were no women answering questions or interacting with the costumers,  they were only present behind the counter checking out items as cashiers. I thought it was sexist due to the fact that if women are as knowledgeable as the men in these certain sports presented in the store, why not have them answering questions and interacting? It definitely bothered me, and made me wonder. There were only two women I saw at that store, meanwhile there were numerous men wondering around waiting to assist customers. I am going to the mall this weekend, and plan to continue my observations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment